Apply travel visa in iceland information
Complete information to acquiring a visa to go to iceland for tourism
Depending on the aim of your travel to Iceland, there are completely different types of visas that may apply to the event. Whether you’re planning to go on a go to, examine or work and reside there completely, you’ll have to apply for a unique Schengen Visa, accordingly.
You can apply for the Icelandic Schengen Visa since 2001 when Iceland as an EFTA Member State additionally grew to become a member state of the Schengen Area
An Iceland visa is a permission in the type of a sticker or a stamp, in the passport of a traveler. It permits its holder to enter Iceland and stay there for a restricted period of time.
Is Iceland a part of Schengen Area?
Yes, Iceland is a member of the Schengen Area. The island country first signed the Schengen settlement on 19 December 1996. It signed a second settlement, which changed the primary, on 18 May 1999 following the incorporation of the settlement into EU regulation with the Treaty of Amsterdam. Iceland lastly began the implementation of the settlement on 25 March 2001.
Must have Documents for Apply travel visa in iceland
Documents required for Iceland Visa application
- Original passport and old passports, if any
- Your passport ought to be valid for a minimum of 6 months after arrival in India, with a minimal of two clean pages. If you might have beforehand travelled to the US, UK or the Schengen space, then it’s beneficial to connect these visa copies for a smoother course of.
- Return air tickets
- The visa application kind duly crammed by the applicant, below the steerage of our travel consultants
- Recent passport-size color pictures taken towards a white background with matte-finish (measurement 35 mm x 45 mm and 60% – 80% face close-up)
Note: Photograph shouldn’t be greater than 6 months old, scanned/stapled and shouldn’t be used in any of the earlier visas.
- Covering letter mentioning particulars of travel, particulars of the traveller, objective of go to and duration of keep. The letter ought to be duly signed by licensed signatory with firm stamp and addressed to the The Visa Officer, Embassy of Iceland, New Delhi.
- Income Tax Returns of the final three years
- Original bank statements reflecting transactions for the final 6 months, duly attested and signed by a bank official
- Hotel confirmation particulars
- Medical insurance policy
If the applicant is employed:
- Salary slips for the final three months
- Original leave letter from employer
If the applicant is an organization proprietor or self-employed:
- Certificate of registration of the corporate / Certificate of Incorporation (MOA / Proof of Proprietorship / Partnership deed, and so on)
- Covering letter on the corporate letter head and financial documents
If the applicant is Retired:
- Pension statements for the final three months
- Proof of normal revenue generated by possession of property or business
If the applicant is a Minor traveler:
- If accompanied with one in every of your dad and mom, then an unique NOC from different dad or mum and a duplicate of his/her passport (first and final page)
- If travelling alone, then an unique NOC by each dad and mom and a duplicate of their passports (first and final page)
- Visa might be processed inside 15 working days put up doc submission nevertheless visa approval time is on the discretion of the consulate
- If the applicant’s documents should be collected from Mumbai, an extra courier payment of Rs 300 might be applicable. In case of locations aside from Mumbai, an extra courier payment of Rs 700 will applicable on Iceland tourist visa charges.
Additional documents required for probably the most frequent functions of the Iceland Visa Application:
Iceland Tourist/Visitor Visa extra requirements:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Iceland with the handle and telephone quantity – if applicable
- Bank assertion of the final 6 months
- Passport copies
Iceland Schengen Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A neighborhood medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or physician in Iceland, confirming the date of your appointment in addition to your medical state of affairs
- Payment receipt of medical charges
Iceland Schengen Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Icelandic company you’ll be visiting and their detailed handle accompanied with the dates of your go to
- A certificates out of your employer stating/permitting your business travel
- If there have been earlier commerce relations between the 2 firms, proof of such occasions have to be offered
- Business bank assertion of the newest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in unique licensed copy (registered with joint inventory firms) Trade License (first issued and current renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s bills throughout keep in the Schengen zone, both the employer or the accomplice firm should state protection of bills on the letter or invitation
Iceland Schengen Visa for Culture, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with particulars upon the character of occasions or actions – objective of go to , expense protection
- Names of the candidates (crew members)
- Duration of keep
- Travel itinerary
Iceland Schengen Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, conferences, occasion by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of keep in Iceland
- Place of accommodation in Iceland
Iceland Schengen Visa for Study, Training, Research, or different kind of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificates permitting attendance of programs
- Certificate of completion or programs attended
- Financial sustenance
Iceland Schengen Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Icelandic citizen:
- Proof of Icelandic citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Icelandic nationality or naturalization order)
- Icelandic marriage certificates
- Icelandic household report e-book
Iceland Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or different kind of entry allow in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa on your ultimate vacation spot
Iceland Schengen Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of dad or mum’s common revenue (work contract with specified month-to-month revenue or a bank assertion or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from dad or mum (parental travel consent)
- If one dad or mum lives in one other country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When making use of on the embassy/consulate in residence country, the guardian or dad or mum ought to accompany their under-age kids.
Temporary visa extension for foreigners in Iceland
An extension to an Iceland Schengen visa is barely doable in distinctive instances the place new details and particular causes come up after entry in Iceland.
Top 7 Secrets TO APPLY VISITOR VISA IN iceland
Do I Need a Visa for Iceland?
If you want to travel to Iceland and stay there for as much as 90 days inside a six-month period, chances are you’ll have to use for an Iceland Schengen visa. You must apply for this type of visa if you’re a passport holder of one of many countries that do not have a visa facilitation agreement with Schengen.
What Types of Visas for Iceland Can I Apply For?
The Iceland visa kind it’s essential to apply for is essential. The visa kind defines which documents it is best to submit, and the actions you’re permitted to carry out whereas in Iceland.
To resolve what visa kind matches you greatest take into consideration the rationale why you want to travel to Iceland, and what you intend to do there.
There are just a few types of visas to Iceland depending in your objective of entry and period of keep. These visas are categorized as follows:
- Iceland Transit Visa. If it’s essential to land in Iceland solely to catch one other airplane or vessel to your non-Schengen vacation spot country.
- Iceland Tourist and Visitor Visa. If it’s essential to travel to Iceland for a short-stay strip as much as 90 days, inside a six months period. It is a short-stay visa for Iceland and it allows you to travel all through the entire Schengen territory.
- Iceland Business Visa. For business vacationers to Iceland who should attend conferences or business conferences and won’t keep longer than 90 days.
- Iceland Cultural, Sports and Religious occasion visa.
- Iceland Medical Treatment Visa.
- Iceland Long Stay Visa.
Iceland Visa Application
Based on the information given above you have to have discovered whether or not you want a Schengen visa or to not enter Iceland. If you don’t, then you possibly can simply travel to Iceland together with your valid passport and documents associated to your trip, in case the border officers ask you about it.
If you want a Schengen visa to enter Iceland particular person then you’ll have to comply with some procedures to get it. The application course of for an Iceland Schengen Visa comprises a number of steps, which it’s essential to comply with in the given order beneath:
- Find out when it’s essential to apply for a visa to Iceland.
- Check the place it’s essential to apply for an Iceland visa.
- File the Iceland visa application kind.
- Collect the required documents.
- Schedule a visa appointment.
- Attend the visa interview.
- Pay the Iceland visa payment.
Find Out When You Need to Apply for an Iceland Visa
To start the application for an Iceland visa, you have to first apply on time. Every embassy in the world has appointed a restricted period inside which the visa candidates can file their applications. As Iceland is a Schengen country, the method goes the identical as for each member state. You can submit a visa application as follows:
- The earliest: six months previous to your supposed trip
- The newest: two weeks earlier than your trip
- Recommended: a minimum of three weeks previous to your trip
Check Where You Need to Apply for a Visa to Iceland
The Icelandic embassies and consulates around the globe don’t obtain visa applications. Instead, Iceland has outsourced visa admission and procession to the embassies and consulates of different Schengen states.
Here you possibly can check where to apply for a visa to Iceland, in line with your country of residence.
In addition, if you’re making use of for an Iceland short-stay visa, however you intend to go to different Schengen nations too, it is best to submit a visa application to Iceland provided that:
- You might be spending extra days in Iceland, in comparison with different Schengen nations
- You might be spending an equal quantity of days in every country, however you’ll enter Schengen via Iceland
Fill-in the Icelandic Schengen Visa Application Form
After you determine what visa you want, the place and when to use, now you can take concrete steps. Start by filling in the application kind for an Iceland visa.
The application kind for an Iceland visa comprises questions on you as:
- Name and surname
- Date and native land
- Sex and marital standing
- National Identity quantity
- Passport quantity
- Home handle and electronic mail
- Purpose of trip
- Question concerning earlier journeys to Schengen, if any
- Intended date of arrival in Iceland, and the supposed period of keep
- Cost of touring and remaining in Iceland, who will cowl them, and so on.
Make positive your solutions are right and that they adjust to the information in the remainder of the documents. Complete the shape, print it twice, and signal each copies on the finish.
Collect the required documents
Start gathering the required documents for a Schengen visa to Iceland one after the other. Make positive all of them adjust to the standards set by the Schengen authorities.
Schedule a Visa Appointment
It is necessary to schedule an appointment for an Iceland visa interview. The embassies and consulates representing Iceland don’t obtain walk-in applications.
In many of the nations, you possibly can schedule the appointment on-line. However, in others, the applicant should make an appointment in particular person. For extra in this regards, it is best to examine with the diplomatic physique representing Iceland in your country of residence.
Attend the Visa Interview
The visa interview is a gathering between you and the consular officer/interviewer. During this interview, the consular officer will ask you many questions on you and your supposed trip. You will even be submitting the required documents all through the assembly, to the interviewer.
You ought to take note of a number of issues earlier than and after the interview. First, present up on time on the appointment middle. Wear one thing snug, which appears to be like a bit extra severe. Try to not be nervous.
During the interview, reply every query that the interviewers ask. Do not present further pointless information to the interviewer. Smile time after time. At the tip of the interview, thank the consular officer for his or her time.
Pay the Iceland Visa Fee
The amount of money you will have to pay for a visa to Iceland will depend on just a few components. These are the aim of entry, the period of keep, your age, and so on.
If you’re an grownup making use of for a brief keep visa for Iceland, you have to to pay a payment of €80. Children below the age of 12 should pay a diminished payment of €40. Whereas, these below the age of six are waived from paying the payment.
The payment for a long keep visa to Iceland is round €56.
You might want to pay the payment both on-line if you’re making use of via a third-party firm or in particular person in the course of the interview.
Iceland Schengen Visa Application Processing Time
The processing of an Iceland Schengen Visa application takes at most 15 working days. Though the period might differ from one country to the opposite, since Iceland is represented by completely different embassies, more often than not a choice in your application might be given inside 15 days.
What If My Iceland Schengen Visa Is Rejected?
If you obtain a damaging reply in your Iceland Schengen visa application, this doesn’t imply you can not ever travel to Iceland. In reality, you might have two choices.
- File an attraction for Iceland Schengen visa rejection in the event you consider that the choice to disclaim you a visa is unjust. You ought to have a powerful foundation on your criticism. You can attraction this determination by writing an attraction letter for an Iceland Schengen visa rejection.
- Reapply by correcting the errors you probably did in your earlier application. Or enhance your state of affairs in order to adjust to the eligibility standards for an Iceland Schengen Visa.
Can My Iceland Schengen Visa Be Revoked?
Yes, your Iceland Schengen visa could be revoked, in the event you now not meet the circumstances for issuing the visa.
How Long Can I Stay in Iceland Valid Visa?
The validity of your visa is all the time indicated in the visa sticker in your passport. The validity varies depending in your case. It could also be for 3 days, two weeks, and even 90 days. The period inside which you’ll spend this period of days in Iceland can be talked about in your visa.
The validity of a short-stay visa to Iceland is 90 days inside 6 months, maximally. This signifies that you’ll not be permitted to stay in Iceland for greater than three months inside a period of 6 months. If you travel to the remainder of the Schengen nations, these days might be counted too.
However, that doesn’t imply that you’ll be issued a three-month valid visa to Iceland.
The diplomatic physique representing Iceland and processing your visa application in your country of residence is the one which decides on the validity of your visa, the permitted duration of keep and the permitted variety of entries. When it comes to those three, please take note of their variations:
- Duration of keep: that is the variety of days you’re permitted to stay in Iceland and the entire territory of Schengen. If it says 15 days, then you definately can not keep any longer than 15 days.
- Visa Validity: This is the period inside which you’ll keep in Iceland. I.e. in case your visa is valid from 1 March to 30 March, however the duration of keep is 15 days, then this implies you possibly can spend these 15 days inside this period (from 5 to 20 March, for instance).
- The variety of entries: This is the quantity that stipulates what number of times you possibly can enter Iceland with that visa. Note that if the variety of entries is 2, however the duration of keep is 15 days, this doesn’t imply you possibly can spend 15 days in Iceland every time you enter. It quite means that you would be able to spend 15 days in whole in Iceland.
Can I Extend my Iceland Schengen Visa?
If you’re questioning in the event you can extend your keep in Iceland past the permitted duration of keep, then it is best to know an Iceland visa extension is permitted solely in some very particular instances. I.e. in the event you present proof that you just can not leave Iceland due to drive majeure or humanitarian causes stopping you from leaving.
Who Can Apply for an Iceland Long Stay Visa?
All these in Iceland, both in an Iceland short-stay visa or in a visa-free keep can apply for a long-term visa if they’ve sturdy causes to stay or they belong to one of many following teams:
- Relatives, as outlined in para. 1 of artwork. 69 of the Act on Foreigners, who want to extend their go to to Iceland. The minimal age requirement of fogeys could also be waived.
- Witnesses or events to a courtroom case who want to remain in Iceland for a courtroom look.
- Foreigners who’re in Iceland for a respectable objective, comparable to artists, scientists or athletes, if they don’t require a residence and work allow.
How to Apply for an Iceland Long Stay Visa?
The application course of for a long-term Visa to Iceland is kind of easy and much like the application for a short-stay visa. Find this course of listed beneath step-by-step:
- Check in case your present state of affairs allows you to apply for an Iceland Long-stay visa.
- Fill-in the application form for an Iceland Long-Term visa.
- Pay the payment on the reception desk of the Directorate of Immigration. The fee for an Iceland Long-stay Visa is €80.
- Submit the required documents on the reception desk of the Directorate of Immigration. The documents required for an Iceland long keep visa are the identical as these required on your preliminary Iceland visa application.
When to Apply for an Iceland Long-Stay Visa?
Please make sure that to use on time on your Iceland long-term visa. You should apply a minimum of 14 days earlier than the expiration date of your present visa, or your visa-free keep.
If you apply later than that, the processing of your application could also be delayed and you’ll have to leave Iceland earlier than you get a solution.
Iceland Long-Stay Visa Processing Time
The processing time might take as long as 14 days upon the submission of the required documents. However, if you don’t submit all the required documents this period might be extended till you submit them. The identical will occur if you’re required to submit extra documents.
What are the Reasons for Denial of the Iceland Long Stay Visa?
The application for an Iceland long-term visa might be rejected if:
- The purpose why you want to stay in Iceland conforms to any of the Iceland residence permits
- You are seen as a risk to public safety.
- The authorities in Iceland are suspicious that you’ll not leave the country when the endorsement expires.
- You don’t meet the requirements for a long-term visa.
- You present incorrect information on a legal case.
note: We provide information for users requirement. For more info contact us: Email: [email protected]