Apply travel visa in Costa Rica information
Complete information to acquiring a visa to go to costa rica for tourism
If you’re considering of visiting Costa Rica’s rainforest or one in every of its protected, heavenly seashores, chances are you’ll end up in want of a Costa Rica tourist visa.
The tourist visa is sometimes called a Costa Rica travel visa, because of the nature of Costa Rica visas. They enable the holder to travel to Costa Rica, the place they are going to be topic to immigration management on the level of entry, and the immigration officers determine whether or not to permit the traveler to enter the country or not.
However, not everybody has to use for a tourist visa for Costa Rica earlier than they travel.
Do I Need to Apply for a Visa to Visit Costa Rica for Tourism?
You want a Costa Rica tourist visa in the event you’re travelling to the country for tourism-related functions, or any objective that doesn’t exceed 30 days. The Costa Rica visa policy is split into 4 teams:
- Visa-exempt nationals who can keep in Costa Rica and not using a visa for as much as 90 days.
- Visa-exempt nationals who can keep in Costa Rica and not using a visa for as much as 30 days.
- Visa-required nationals who’ve to use for an everyday Costa Rica tourist visa (Consular Visa) at a Costa Rica Consulate in their country.
- Visa-required nationals who’ve to use for a Costa Rica Restricted Visa. This signifies that they should have somebody in Costa Rica (a member of the family or appointed legal professional) who can submit a visa request on their behalf to the Department of Restricted Visas.
Additionally, even if you’re from a country whose nationals want a tourist visa for Costa Rica, you’re exempt in the event you already maintain a valid tourist visa for:
- An EU member state
- A Schengen country
- South Korea
What if You Don’t Need a Costa Rica Tourist Visa?
- If you’re from the primary or second group, you may travel to Costa Rica with merely your passport and get an entry stamp from the immigration officer as you undergo border management.
- If you’re from the primary group, your passport should be valid for not less than one other day from the date of entry.
- If you’re from the second group, your passport should be valid for not less than three months from the date of entry.
Must have Documents for Apply travel visa in Costa Rica
What are the Requirements for a Costa Rica Tourist Visa?
The required documents it’s important to submit together with your Costa Rica tourist visa application are:
- An application letter which ought to be directed to the Costa Rica consulate, and include the next information:
- Your private information (title, age, date and native land
- The cause you’re travelling
- Your passport number
- Your nationality
- Your place of residence
- The supposed date of arrival and departure from Costa Rica
- Where you’ll keep if you are in Costa Rica
- The date of writing
- Your contact information
- Your signature
- A whole photocopy of all of the pages in your passport. Your passport must be valid for not less than one other six months from the date you enter Costa Rica.
- Two photos of your self which comply with these specs:
- Dimensions: 2 inches x 2 inches
- Taken in entrance of a plain white background
- You should have a impartial facial features, staring straight forward
- You could put on your glasses as long as they don’t cover your eyes or face (no thick rims, no reflection, no tinted glass)
- You could not put on headgear except it’s for non secular functions. Even so, it should not hinder your face.
- Return flight ticket reservation. Costa Rica authorities advise vacationers to keep away from paying for the airplane ticket till after they obtain the visa. See here how to book a dummy flight ticket for a visa application.
- Proof of enough financial means to cowl your keep. You could submit bank statements from the final three months, a letter from employer, or proof of property.
- An official certificates of police clearance out of your country.
- If you’re coming from a spot that’s liable to Yellow Fever: Proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- If you’re a visa-holder or Permanent Resident in one other country: Proof of your visa or Residence Permit.
How to Apply for a Costa Rica Tourist Visa?
You should apply for a Costa Rica at a Costa Rican consulate in your country. If there is no such thing as a Costa Rica consulate in your country, it’s essential to go to the closest one. The Costa Rica tourist visa application course of is as follows:
- Contact the Costa Rican consulate to arrange an appointment when you may submit the application.
- Collect the required documents and submit them in individual.
- The consular officers will overview your application and determine in the event you want any extra documents.
- Once all of the required documents are submitted, they’ll begin to course of your visa application.
- You may be requested to attend an interview.
Once your tourist visa is accredited, they’ll affix it in your passport and also you’ll have 60 days to travel to Costa Rica.
Keep in thoughts that completely different consulates could have completely different requirements and operational processes. As such, step one in making use of for a Costa Rica tourist visa ought to all the time be to contact the related Costa Rican consulate.
Additionally, some consulates have digitized the Costa Rica application course of. If that’s the case, the consulate is in cost of explaining the application process.
Top 5 Secrets TO APPLY VISITOR VISA IN Costa Rica
How Long Can You Stay in Costa Rica With a Tourist Visa?
A Costa Rica tourist visa is valid for a most of 30 days however it could be issued for much less.
If you must keep in the country for longer, you may request a visa extension on the Directorate General of Immigration in Costa Rica.
Can I Extend My Stay in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica tourist visa extensions are issued for a most of 60 extra days. You can apply for the visa extension on the General Directorate of Immigration (Dirección General de Migración y Extranjería) in Costa Rica earlier than your present visa expires.
Additionally, even in the event you don’t want a Costa Rica tourist visa, it’s important to request for a tourism extension if you wish to keep longer than your permitted time (eg. if you’re a nationwide of the primary group and wish to keep longer than 90 days).
What Documents Do I Need to Collect for a Costa Rica Visa Extension?
To apply for a tourism extension, it’s essential to current the next documents:
- A letter explaining why you’re requesting the extension which comprises the next information:
- Your full title and nationality
- Your passport number and kind
- Your handle in Costa Rica
- Your telephone quantity
- Your start date and place
- The names of your mother and father
- A accomplished type of affiliation, which you will get at a photocopier in the central places of work of the General Directorate of Immigration or obtain it from their website.
- Three latest passport-size photos of your self.
- Your authentic passport and copies of all of the pages in the passport.
- A replica of your departure flight ticket.
- Proof of financial solvency to cowl the duration of your requested keep.
- If you had been invited in the country from an establishment (public or personal): A letter of financial help from mentioned establishment.
- If you’re in Costa Rica for medical therapy: A medical certificates and request from the medical establishment confirming the necessity for an extension on account of medical causes.
- Proof of paid Costa Rica tourist visa extension charge ($100 or the equal in colones). You should pay the charge to the federal government bank account in the Bank of Costa Rica (Banco de Costa Rica).
Can you’re employed with a Costa Rica Tourist Visa?
No, you can not take up employment in Costa Rica if in case you have a tourist visa. To work, you must get a Costa Rica work allow and a piece visa.
Extra Person ₹599$9.99
Extra Person $9.99$10 /Extra Person $5$10 /Extra Person $5$10 /Extra Person $5
Extra Person ₹999$20.99
Extra Person $14$17 / Extra Person $9$17 / Extra Person $9$17 / Extra Person $9
Extra Person ₹999$23.99
Extra Person $14$20 / Extra Person $10$20 / Extra Person $10$20 / Extra Person $10
note: We provide information for users requirement. For more info contact us: Email: email@example.com